With a new season on the horizon, you may be wondering about the condition of your HVAC system. Have you been calling for repairs too frequently? Is your unit showing symptoms of old age and operational problems, costing you more money than you think you should be paying?
It could be time for an HVAC system replacement. And the good news is that you’re in the right place. Our AC installation experts in Joliet, IL, are happy to help you make an educated decision on what HVAC system would be best for your home. In the meantime, here are five signs that it is time to replace, rather than repair, your HVAC system.
1. Your System Is Costing More to Operate
One of the biggest signs you need a new HVAC system is exorbitantly high utility bills. As your HVAC systems age, they gradually start losing efficiency as the components within them wear down. At first, this efficiency loss isn’t immediately noticeable. Eventually, however, it will cause your AC system to operate for longer periods of time to try to achieve the same level of comfort.
The longer operating time drives up your monthly costs. If you notice your HVAC system use is costing you more per month than it did the same time last year, or more than your neighbors are paying, this is definitely a sign you need a new HVAC system.
2. You Constantly Need System Repairs
Needing an HVAC system repair every now and then isn’t a big deal. When we say every now and then, we mean every few years or so — you might need some component replaced or part adjusted — even with professional maintenance. But if your air conditioner or heater needs to be repaired multiple times a year, then it’s time to talk to a pro about a replacement system.
This level of frequency in breakdowns is often due to the system succumbing to years of wear and tear. The various components inside it will start to fail in groups, causing the frequency and the cost of repairs to increase. Continuing to repair a failing system once it reaches this point will only be a waste of your money. It’s better to do it now instead of waiting until you actually need the system.
3. Your HVAC System Is Over 15 Years Old
Even assuming you schedule preventive maintenance each year and that you call for repairs as soon as you notice a problem, you can’t expect your HVAC system to last forever. Eventually, it will reach an age that it’s just not worth keeping around anymore.
The average lifespan for most forced-air heaters and air conditioners is about 10-15 years. After this point, they start accumulating chronic issues that make it increasingly expensive to keep the systems up and running. If your HVAC system is older than 15, you should definitely consult a pro about installing a new one.
4. Temperatures Are Uneven Throughout Your Home
Do you feel like you’re living in the Arctic tundra when you step into your bedroom while the living room resembles a sweltering desert? This inconsistent temperature is one of the most common signs that you need a new HVAC system. We all have that one relative who cranks up the air conditioning in their bedroom and leaves everyone else shivering in their wake, but your air conditioning system shouldn’t be taking sides!
If you find yourself battling with temperature imbalances, it’s a clear sign that your air conditioning unit needs some TLC. So, instead of constantly moving from room to room like a restless nomad, it’s time to consider replacing your HVAC system.
5. Your Home’s Indoor Air Quality Is Poor
If your home’s air quality is less than stellar and you’re constantly wondering if you’ve mistakenly stumbled into a musty old basement, it’s high time to address your HVAC system. Those signs of mold, mildew, dust, or unusually high humidity levels are all due to the fact that your AC unit is wearing out.
Don’t let poor indoor air quality ruin your living space. Replacing your HVAC system can work wonders in improving air filtration, banishing pesky allergens and more serious mold spores, and transforming your home into a sanctuary of fresh air.
Benefits of Replacing Your HVAC System
Now that we’ve explored the various signs you need a new HVAC system, let’s talk about the perks of replacing it. Besides finally having consistent temperatures and air that won’t make your allergies crazy, there are a few more advantages you should know about.
- Save Money on Energy: Newer units are designed with energy efficiency in mind, which means they’ll keep your home cool and cozy without breaking the bank. It’s a win-win for both your comfort and your wallet!
- Upgrade Outdated Technology: By replacing your outdated system, you’ll gain access to the latest advancements in HVAC technology. Say hello to smart thermostats that can be controlled with a tap on your smartphone, zoned heating and cooling for customized comfort in every room, and whisper-quiet operation that won’t drown out your favorite TV shows.
- Increase Your Home’s Value: Installing a new HVAC system not only improves your comfort and energy efficiency but also adds value to your humble abode. Potential buyers love to see updated HVAC units, knowing they won’t have to deal with the hassle and cost of replacement anytime soon.
- Ensure Proper Sizing and Installation: When it comes to HVAC units, proper sizing and installation are crucial for optimal performance. By replacing your outdated system, you’ll have the opportunity to ensure that your new HVAC unit is correctly sized for your home’s specific needs. A system that’s too small will struggle to keep up, while one that’s too big will waste energy and money.
Time to Replace? Schedule an Installation Today!
If you’ve recognized any of these signs indicating you need a new HVAC system, it’s time to take action. Comfort First Heating and Cooling is here to save the day and rescue you from the clutches of your outdated HVAC system!
Whether you’re in Joliet, IL, or beyond, our AC and furnace installation services have got you covered. We’ll help you choose the perfect HVAC system that suits your needs, keeps your home cozy all year long, and saves you those precious dollars on energy costs.
Schedule an installation today. Your comfort is our top priority!